Nominations are accepted for individuals, organizations, schools, businesses and programs in Hope, Harrison, Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Mission, Langley.
Concepts of cultural diversity include age, gender, abilities, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion and socio-economic background. Nominees from the Fraser Valley that exemplify the spirit of cultural diversity are encouraged to apply.
Nominations for the 2024 awards are open until January 12, 2024.
Effective Human Resources Strategies (Workplaces)
- Nominees of this category recruit, maintain and provide ongoing support to a culturally diverse workforce reflecting the community.
Innovative Initiative (Projects and Initiatives)
- Nominees of this category promote diversity in their community in a unique way.
Inclusive Environment (Organizations, Businesses, Government Agencies and Schools)
- Nominees of this category embrace diversity and create a welcoming environment for culturally diverse groups in their organizations, businesses and schools.
Marketing (Organizations, Businesses, Government Agencies and Schools)
- Nominees of this category market and outreach to culturally diverse communities. This is an attempt to communicate different cultural norms, values and languages; and to reflect the diversity of the community.
Champion of Diversity (Individuals ages 18+)
- Nominees of this category work towards building an inclusive society.
Youth Champion of Diversity (Individuals ages 12-17)
- This is a new category introduced for the 2019 awards. Nominees of this category work towards building an inclusive society.